ETC ColorSource ColorSource Relay with Wireless Receiver (antenna included, powerCON cable not included)
Note: The ColorSource Relay Receivers do not ship with any cables.
The ColorSource Relay combines power sequencing and data distribution in a portable plug-and-play format. The ColorSource Relay comes in wireless- and wired-DMX input. Upon receiving data from the console, its internal sequencing routine automates the process of staggering turn-on times across relays while it provides hardline DMX to connected fixtures
Wireless control for tight budgets
No longer will you need to run DMX cables to your front-of-house lighting positions, which takes hours of work, can be expensive, and looks unsightly. The ColorSource™ Relay is the answer: a low-cost and revolutionary wireless power control solution that switches power and easily transmits DMX to remote or hard-to-reach places in any space. It’s ideal for small- to medium-sized venues like community centers, university theaters, houses of worship and schools.
Turn on your console and you’re ready to go!
By creating a simple and straightforward user experience, the wireless ColorSource Relay makes your show setup and teardown nearly effortless. The ColorSource Relay receives wireless DMX signals and automatically enables power switching and DMX for up to 16 amps of power. After you turn off your DMX controller – such as your lighting console – the ColorSource waits several seconds before automatically turning off all connected devices.
The wireless ColorSource Transmitter is an essential part of the ColorSource Relay system. The ColorSource Transmitter connects to hard-wired DMX and automatically sends wireless DMX to any ColorSource Relay within a 328-foot (100-meter) range. Both the ColorSource Transmitter and Relay require minimal setup and zero programming before use. Simply take them out of the box, plug them in and your new relay system is fully operational!
Mount it here, there… or anywhere!
The ColorSource Relay can be easily mounted to the yoke on any ETC LED fixture with a universal mounting bracket. Other mounting options including a pipe-mount L bracket and wall-mount bracket.
Intelligent and budget-friendly technology
Troubleshooting is much more convenient with the ColorSource Relay. LEDs on the body of the relay indicate status, such as power, relay state, DMX presence and signal strength, giving you insight into the connectivity of your lighting system. Backed by ETC’s industry-leading customer service, you can be assured your investment will support you for years to come.
The ColorSource Relay is also available in a hardwired version with a DMX-via-XLR5 connection.
PowerCon connections and universal power support
Zero-cross relay minimizes inrush at turn-on to connected fixtures
Automated power sequencing
Automated system turn-off
Wireless DMX transport
Reporting of relay state and connected load
RDM feedback and configuration
• Applications requiring distributed dimming and position flexibility:
- Schools - Houses of worship - Small theaters - Event lighting - Automated lighting systems - Industrial productions - Rentals - Conference and exhibition centers - Multi-use venues such as schools and meeting rooms
• Input voltage: 90-250V; 47-63Hz
• Portable two-pole air-gap relay
• Auto sequencing: turn-on delay in each relay ensures that no two relays turn on at the same time across a system
• Data input options (choice per model):
- Wireless: The relay receives wireless DMX for relay activation with RDM feedback on choice of five wireless IDs selected by thumbwheel and transmits DMX output on hardline connection
- DMX (hardwire): Receives hardwire DMX (input) for relay activation with RDM feedback and configuration while passing through DMX/RDM on the five-pin XLR (output) connector
• USB master: Connect USB drive for software upgrades
• Integral Safety Connection
• Three mounting options: ETC LED yoke (included), universal yoke, or for use on desktop wall-mount
• CE Compliant; FCC approved
• RoHS compliant
• DMX512A compatible
• RDM compatible
• Wireless DMX broadcasts on 2.4GHz range using spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping (SSFH)
• Case manufactured of molded black textured plastic
• Multiple yoke-fixing hole combinations for flexible mounting to the fixture
• Convection-cooled; operates without cooling fans
• Molded safety connection point
• Power-input and -output connectors arranged at 45-degree angle to the pipe for ease of tie-off
• Wireless model includes thumbwheel for selection of six wireless IDs or custom
• Wireless model includes 2dBA gain omnidirectional antennae
• Specialized directional and high-gain antennas are sold separately
• Operating temperatures: 0-40°C; 32-104°F;
• Humidity: 5-95%, non-condensing
• Rated for Indoor use
• Input power: - Max breaker sizing: 20A - Voltage ranges: 90-250V - Frequency range: 47-63Hz
• Consumes .25W during sleep mode (.6W for wireless)
• PowerCon compatible input and output connectors
• Relay cuts both poles for support of two pole 208V and Delta applications
• 2500V isolation between control and power components
• Wired DMX* In and Thru on five-pin XLR
• DMX thru is not self-terminating *Represents 1/4 unit device load for purpose of calculating DMX daisy-chain device count (max 32 unit devices per DMX chain)
• Switching current: 16A max at 40°C ambient
• Mechanical Endurance: 1,000,000 cycles
• Quiessent load: less than .65 Watts during sleep mode
• Electrical endurance
- Resistive 100,000 cycles @16A; 250V
- Inductive 100,000 cycles @6A; 250V
- Ballast 20,000 cycles @1500W; 250V
- Electronic 20,000 cycles @3300W; 250V WIRELESS
• Range: 100 meters
• Max recievers per transmitter: 32
• Band: 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum
• Power: up to 72mW ETSI broadcast power
• Third-party compatibility: City Theatrical Show DMX
• Wireless ID #6 operates outside of the Wifi bands for areas of strong wifi usage
• Wireless DMX Latency can occur during fade chases
• DMX512A In and Thru via five-pin XLR connectors
• Supports up to 32 units on one DMX line
• Choice of relay mode:
- DMX level
- System Power Command
• RDM (Remote Device Management) allows remote configuration of the following properties of the device, you can use any RDM controller such as ETC’s Concert or Eos® software to configure these options
- Read-only RDM items: RDM Device Count; Type Description; Product Details list; Manufacturer; Defaults; Software Version Sensors list and values; Output Power (Instantaneous Voltage and Current w/min/max record)
- Editable RDM items: Name; RDM Enable; DMX Address; Threshold; DMX Loss Time; Max Turn-On Delay; Relay Personality/Mode; Wireless ID; Identify
CSR-D ColorSource Relay Wired DMX
CSR-W ColorSource Relay Wireless Receiver
CST-W ColorSource Relay Transmitter
Note: CSR-D and CSR-W power cables and DMX cables sold separately. CST-W ships with 12VDC power supply with 4ft cable
CSR-PMT Pipe Mount bracket*
CSR-YM Universal Yoke mount kit
CSR-WM Wall mount bracket
CST-Feet Set of four self-adhesive rubber no-skid feet for desktop operation
DPA-X PowerCON to bare end 5ft
DPA-A PowerCON to Edison 5ft
DPA-B PowerCON to Stage pin 5ft
DPA-C PowerCON to TwistLock 5ft
DPJ-5 PowerCON Male to PowerCON 5ft
DPJ10 PowerCON Male to PowerCON Female Jumper 10ft
Note: *Pipe clamps sold separately
- CSR DMX (H x W x D): 2 x 5 x 3.31 in.
- CSR Wireless (H x W x D): 4.32 x 5 x 4.39 in.
- CSR Transmitter: (H x W x D): 4.41 x 5 x 4.48 in.
- CSR DMX: 0.7 lbs / 0.81 lbs (shipping)
- CSR Wireless: 0.7 lbs / 0.87 lbs (shipping)
- CSR Transmitter: 1.1 lbs / 1.2 lbs (shipping)